January 31, 2021 Newsletter
We the People
Our unalienable rights are granted to us from God. Governments do not grant us our rights. We are a nation with a government, not a government with a nation, as former President Ronald Reagan quipped. The power rests with the “consent of the governed."
Many people I have spoken with lately are living in fear.
- Fear of the virus
- Fear of speaking truth to those in power
- Fear of peaceful assembly
- Fear of being vilified or labeled a “domestic terrorist”
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.” - 1st Amendment
What Can We Do?
- Exercise your 1st Amendment Rights
- Speak truth to those in power & authority
- Be respectful
- Contact your elected officials
- Talk with your neighbors, friends, family, & community about what’s happening
- Be bold, be courageous, be resilient, be fearless
In our previous email we sent a warning about a bill referred to as “For The People Act” or H.R.-1, introduced to congress on 4 January 2021. In essence, this legislation would unconstitutionally federalize our elections.
The House of Representatives have NOT VOTED on this resolution, it is still in committee.
Among the most notable provisions of H.R. 1:
- Nationwide online voter registration, with minimal verification requirements.
- Nationwide same-day registration.
- Nationwide automatic voter registration unless an individual specifically requests not to be registered.
- Nationwide legalization of ballot harvesting.
- Nationwide registration of 16-17 year-olds.
- Nationwide availability of mail-in ballots with minimal screening qualifications.
- Nationwide restoration of felon voting rights.
- Placing redistricting process under supervision of congressionally mandated independent commissions.
- Restructuring Federal Election Commission from current bipartisan requirement to majority-party control.
- Permitting Members of Congress to draw salary from campaign funds in addition to official compensation.
- Findings to support statehood for the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
AMERICAN VOTERS MUST TAKE ACTION NOW
CALL TO ACTION
WE must contact our elected officials and tell them to vote NO on this bill.
Here's what YOU can do:
- Visit this link for an automated email to your elected officials (follow the directions on their website)
- Call and email your elected officials- see the script below if you are unsure how to express your concerns
- SAMPLE SCRIPT
- Please oppose H.R. 1, titled the "For the People Act." This bill unconstitutionally federalizes American elections. Article I, Section 4, gives state legislatures the primary authority over election rules and only gives Congress authority to change rules on a case-by-case basis, and only for federal elections. Also, the bill's provisions would hurt election integrity. It contains provisions mandating internet voter registration, automatic voter registration, same-day voter registration, end "voter caging," and limit the ability to clean voter rolls. This is a dangerous bill. Please don't let it pass.
- Here's the link to find your U.S. House of Representatives
- Here's the link to find your U.S. Senators
Contact your elected officials today!
Our priorities in the coming days and weeks ahead:
- Stop the passage of H.R. 1
- Demand Election Integrity by lobbying state legislators to pass laws to secure elections and clean up voter logs
- Push back on censorship from big tech, social media, and the propaganda news
- Expose corruption - DRAIN THE SWAMP
- Primary RINOs and other global elites