Our founding fathers recognized the importance of having a representative form of government, where the power rests with the "consent of the governed." This disastrous, unconstitutional bill would essentially federalize our elections. Article I, Section 4 of our Constitution gives state legislatures the primary authority over election rules and only gives Congress authority to change rules on a case-by-case basis, and only for federal elections.
Among the most notable provisions of H.R. 1:
- Nationwide online voter registration, with minimal verification requirements.
- Nationwide same-day registration.
- Nationwide automatic voter registration unless an individual specifically requests not to be registered.
- Nationwide legalization of ballot harvesting.
- Nationwide registration of 16-17 year-olds.
- Nationwide availability of mail-in ballots with minimal screening qualifications.
- Nationwide restoration of felon voting rights.
- Placing redistricting process under supervision of congressionally mandated independent commissions.
- Restructuring Federal Election Commission from current bipartisan requirement to majority-party control.
- Permitting Members of Congress to draw salary from campaign funds in addition to official compensation.
- Findings to support statehood for the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
If you thought the 2020 elections were a mess, you ain't seen nothing yet!
CALL TO ACTION
Folks, the the time to act is now! WE must contact our elected officials and tell them to vote NO on this bill.
Here's the action plan:
- Visit this link for an automated email to your elected officials (follow the directions on their website)
- Call and email your elected officials- see the script below if you are unsure how to express your concerns
- SAMPLE SCRIPT
- Please oppose H.R. 1, titled the "For the People Act." This bill unconstitutionally federalizes American elections. Article I, Section 4, gives state legislatures the primary authority over election rules and only gives Congress authority to change rules on a case-by-case basis, and only for federal elections. Also, the bill's provisions would hurt election integrity. It contains provisions mandating internet voter registration, automatic voter registration, same-day voter registration, end "voter caging," and limit the ability to clean voter rolls. This is a dangerous bill. Please don't let it pass.
The House will most likely vote on this bill before the end of this month.
Contact your elected officials today!
Former White House aide Peter Navarro released his third report outlining the massive fraud perpetrated in the 2020 elections. You can read it here.
If we don't have free and fair elections then our republic will cease to exist. Our number one priority is to focus on contacting our state legislators to ensure laws are passed to protect the integrity of our elections. Regardless of whether you live in one of the swing states or not, we ALL need to contact our state legislators, making sure they are held accountable. Demand that forensic audits are performed, voter registration logs are purged, and that every election law is followed.
The reality is, electronic voting is not as secure as they would like you to believe it is. It is imperative that the chain of custody is preserved, every legal vote must be counted, and safeguards implemented to mitigate election and voter fraud. Perhaps it's time to return to paper ballots? We must have election integrity and WE must have confidence in free and fair elections.